While the name of this recipe is not nearly as appealing to the palate as the ingredients are (sorry sophie), I have made a promise that the recipes my friends request will be named after them on my blog. Sophie won a bet earlier this week and her reward was a treat of her choice. She loves banana bread and these bars taste heavenly.
Browned Butter Frosting:
1/2 c. butter
4 c. powdered sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. almond milk
1) Heat oven to 375 F and grease a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan. Mix first four ingredients in a bowl (no need to schlep up the electric mixer on this recipe. Just use some muscles and stir away!).
2) After mixture is smooth, add mashed up bananas and vanilla. Stir.
3) Add dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and walnuts if you’re feeling fancy.
4) Pour the mixture in a 15×10 greased pan and use the wet back of a spoon to even out the batter.
5)Bake on 375 for 20-25 minutes. Bars will be ready to be frosted 5-10 minutes after being removed from the oven. Cool enough to not completely melt the frosting, but warm enough to soften it a bit.
Meanwhile make this lovely brown butter icing:
1) Place 1/2 cup butter on a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until it starts to bubble and a foam layer begins to form. Immediately take the pan off the stove and keep stirring, allowing the butter to cool down. As the foam disappears you should see the butter has become a rich brown color.
2) Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
3) Stir and cover until bars are ready to be frosted.
Enjoy Y’all! Hope you love them!