Mother Dough (you’ll only use half this recipe- I save the rest for cinnamon rolls, pretzels, or extra baked bagels)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 packet of yeast
- 1 3/4 cup room temperature water
Bacon, Jalapeno, & Scallion Cream Cheese
- 1 block 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup smoked and cooked bacon- chopped (save the grease!)
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 2 T diced jalepenos
- Mix yeast, salt, and flour in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix by hand with the dough hook as a stirrer, and then start to use the mixer on low.
- Slowly add water and let mix on low for 4 minutes
- Pat into a nice velvety ball and place in a well greased glass bowl. I use the bacon grease to oil the bowl!
- Cover and put somewhere dark and warm to rise for at least an hour (I preheat my oven, then turn it off, and place the covered bowl inside).
- Pre-heat oven to 325*
- Mix cream cheese and fixin’s.
- With slightly wet hands or a small ice cream scoop, form into 8 balls. Freeze on parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a long rectangle and cut into eight pieces.
- Place a frozen cream cheese ball in the middle of each piece (I intentionally made one extra- not that bad at math!!)
- Bring the corners and edges to the top middle of the cream cheese ball, pinch the edges together to ensure the dough doesn’t have any openings.
- Place seam-side down on a silpat mat and brush with egg/water mixture.
- Cover with everything bagel mix- roll the sides in the mix to get a big flavor with each bite!
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until the bagel bombs are golden brown
- Serve warm and enjoy!!